The Senior Director Finance (VP – Corporate Services), working under the leadership of and in close collaboration with the President &CEO, and in support of AAJ’s mandate and programmes, will strategically lead the Division to achieve operational excellence in all core management and operational functions. The position will have responsibility for the functional areas of Finance, Human Resources Management (HRM), Procurement and Information Communication Technology (ICT)
The Senior Director Finance (VP – Corporate Services) is responsible for:
- Strategy: Proactively identify and contribute to defining AAJ’s strategic and operational priorities; ensuring management and operational priorities are consistent with program priorities and needs.
- Execution: Ensure operational effectiveness and accountability for results (i.e. that all organizational resources (human and financial) are optimally deployed to support programme delivery, monitoring and reporting.
- Finance: Ensure effective and efficient use of the organization’s resources and stewardship of its assets, from the development of strategic integrated corporate plans and budgets through to statutory financial reporting in accordance with the Public Management & Accountability Act (PBMA), the Financial Accounting & Audit (FAA) Act, and International Financial Reporting Standards IFRS);
- Human Resources: In line with the Leadership Framework, develop and implement a People strategy that supports a culture of innovation and provides a healthy, safe and respectful working environment while promoting greater accountability, efficiency and responsiveness to the AAJ mandate;
- Information Technology Solutions: Successful completion of the information systems/business transformation project, which includes an Enterprise Resource Planning system, processes and reporting at all levels to support a more agile organization;
- Procurement: As Chief Procurement Officer, exercise overall corporate oversight in respect of the AAJ procurement function in all of its locations. Position the AAJ procurement and supply chain management function strategically and ensure it contributes effectively to enhanced programme results;
Qualifications and Experience
This position offers a truly unique and exciting opportunity for experienced executives who have excelled in the private and/or public sector organizations. The role demands stature and senior-executive level presence, built on a successful track record in managing financial and corporate services, in a highly complex, dynamic and rapidly evolving organization.
- 15 years of relevant professional experience in increasingly responsible roles of which at least 7 years in senior leadership roles.
- An advanced University Degree in Finance, Management Studies &/or Social Sciences
- Executive experience in the oversight of Human Resource Management or Information Communication Technology functions
- Qualification and experience in the airport/aviation environment would be a distinct advantage
- Senior management experience in the public sector environment would be a distinct advantage
All Applications accompanied with Resumés should be submitted no later than Wednesday November 18, 2020 to:
Human Resource Manager
Airports Authority of Jamaica
Norman Manley International Airport
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.