This position reports to the Aerodromes Manager and offers support in the development, implementation, monitoring and maintaining acceptable standards. This enables the company to discharge its regulatory safety obligations required to coordinate the continuous development of the Safety Management System, monitoring all aspects and support the change-management process to ensure compliance with safety-related legislations and regulations throughout IFIA and across all the AAJ’s aerodromes.
The Safety & Security Officer:
- Investigates all accident or incident involving AAJ stakeholders which result from a condition relating to airport operations.
- Conducts Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment to include the identification and implementation of corrective measures.
- Advises of any safety occurrence or system failure and to identify and report any situation of potential risk or concern affecting system safety.
- Monitors compliance with SMS policies and objectives via data analysis.
- Assists with safety awareness by way of documentation, presentations or other means with IFIA and all aerodrome staff, contractors and sub-contractors.
- Undertakes regular safety audits of IFIA and other AAJ aerodrome operations.
- Ensures compliance with the ASP and prescribed procedures by all airport-based entities
- Conducts inspections and tests in accordance with internationally accepted standards and procedures as required by the ASP or the Jamaica Civil Aviation Authority (JCAA).
The position requires the incumbent to demonstrate the following core competencies
- Good knowledge of Civil Aviation Regulations
- Advanced training in airport security operations.
- Exposure in the area of aerodrome auditing and compliance.
- The ability to demonstrate good judgment in enforcing policies, rules and practices, while maintaining confidentiality.
- Demonstrate technical capacity in developing and delivering training programmes.
- The ability to communicate proficiently at all levels.
- Being physically able to withstand the challenges of extensive movement about the airport property including multi-level building facilities.
Qualifications and Experience
At least five (5) years’ experience spanning: safety management, aviation security management/administration. The experience should preferably come from a combination of industries such as: international transport and airport management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Safety, Airport Operations or Operations Management, or equivalent qualification
- Diploma in Aviation or an equivalent course of study
- Training in Safety Management Systems
- Training in Airport Accident and Investigation
- ICAO Basic 123 training
- AVSEC Management Training
- ICAO/Concordia AVSEC PMC (or equivalent) course, or
- Airport Management Professional Accreditation Program (AMPAP)
All Applications accompanied with Resumés should be submitted no later than Wednesday November 18, 2020 to:
Human Resource Manager
Airports Authority of Jamaica
Norman Manley International Airport
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.