The position requires the incumbent to assist with technical input and efforts to complete tender procurement process to include (a) pre-bid process, (b) tender call and evaluation, (c) preparations for & sub-missions to specialist sector committees, (d) preparation of draft Cabinet submissions; and (e) attendance at Infrastructure Committee meeting of Cabinet when requested. The Project Coordinator- Technical also has the responsibility to provide/procure initial & preliminary technical designs and costings for all capital works to include new aerodromes and other aviation development and or improvements to be undertaken by AAJ.
The Project Coordinator – Technical is responsible for:
- Providing technical inputs for the production & preparation of comprehensive but concise monthly project reports & summaries for all capital expenditure at all aerodromes owned and or operated by the AAJ.
- Assist with and provide technical guidance on all aspect of airport master planning for all aerodromes owned by the AAJ.
- Provide technical guidance & direction of all airport/aviation development and airport systems in Jamaica under ownership or control of the AAJ.
- Assist in the planning for any airport/aviation development and airport systems planning for Jamaica as directed by the AAJ.
- Providing support for the activities of the division in meeting national requirements for developing sound investment projects from initial identification through pre-feasibility, feasibility and final designs state.
- Preparing technical summaries for projects at the identification stage of the cycle.
- Assists with establishing evaluation & selection criteria and eventual selection of consultants for the various projects.
- Protecting the assets of the organisation (Contract allows for transfer of assets).
- Verifying the validity of contractor qualification.
- Ensuring that proper procedures are established and followed for bidding processes.
As a member of the project management team, the incumbent is required to demonstrate the following core competencies: working knowledge of computer applications and research methods; knowledge of statutory policies and Government regulations as it relates to the approval and award of contracts through public agencies and international funding agencies and knowledge of the operations of donor agencies; introduction to aviation industry/airport operations/management; time management, problem-solving and networking skills.
Qualifications and Experience
Four (4) years’ experience in project administration and management, working with donor agencies, research methods and project appraisal/evaluation.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Management Studies, Business Administration or equivalent.
- Training in Project Management or Development Economics.
- Training in Micro-soft Office Suite
All Applications accompanied with Resumés should be submitted no later than Wednesday November 18, 2020 to:
Human Resource Manager
Airports Authority of Jamaica
Norman Manley International Airport
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.