The Procurement/Administration Officer is responsible for coordinating the activities of the Registry, the licensing of the organization’s motor vehicle fleet, the organization’s Closed User Group (CUG) system, the Air Travel Plan and other areas of general administration. He/she also has responsibility for the procurement goods & services; and will assume custody of stationery stock for distribution within the organization.
The Procurement/Administration Officer will:
- Procure goods and services to ensure that the company gets the best value for purchases, repairs and services.
- Ensure the licensing & proper maintenance of the motor vehicles.
- Oversee the management of the organization’s CUG system.
- Manage the activities of the Registry which includes but is not limited to the receipt and dispatch of mails.
- Ensure driver/s and office attendants optimize mail delivery and collection services to meet the needs of the departments and heads of departments and allow for assistance to facilitate meetings, luncheons and other general office attendant/driver duties.
- Assists in the annual renewal of the Insurance Policy for the AAJ/NMIAL motor vehicle fleet by providing the Legal Department with the required documentation
As a member of the human resource management team, the incumbent is required to demonstrate the following core competencies: knowledge of human resource principles and practices, analytical skills, time management skills, problem-solving skills, communication skills, and knowledge of statutory regulations governing motor vehicle registration, licensing and insurance.
Qualifications and Experience
Five (5) years experience in General/Office Administration in the services or transport sectors spanning inventory management, goods/services procurement. The position requires competency in emergency management and mitigation, life safety management and a high degree of initiative.
- BSc Degree in Management Studies, Business Administration or an equivalent;
- Training in GOJ Procurement Policy
- Training in Microsoft Office Suite
All Applications accompanied with Resumés should be submitted no later than Wednesday November 18, 2020 to:
Human Resource Manager
Airports Authority of Jamaica
Norman Manley International Airport
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Previous Applicants Need Not Apply.