The position, reporting to the Aerodrome Operations Manager, has the responsibility of developing, implementing and monitoring systems and procedures to ensure the safety, facilitation and efficiency of passengers and aircraft movements at the Ian Fleming International Airport (IFIA), and the domestic aerodromes. Additionally, he/she oversees the operation of all activities on the landside, airside and within the passenger terminal building and ensures that all procedures comply with both the local and international aviation standards and recommended best practices. The incumbent has greatest impact on users/customers perception, cost control and at all times ensuring operational synergy.
The Operations Officer will:
- Implement airport operations, safety and security procedures and practices
- Plan and organize initial and recurrent training of staff
- Ensure that aircraft movement and maneuvering areas are free of foreign object debris (F.O.D), pavement faults, oil spills and faded surface markings
- Ensure the control of access to restricted areas
- Respond to queries and complaints from airport tenants in relation to physical plant
- Monitor breaches of published airside regulations and apply corrective action
- Co-coordinate emergency airside/airport response in accordance with established procedures.
- Inspect and report on airport facilities to identify present and potential problems and determining a course of action.
- Prepare a variety of management reports to facilitate decision-making including the commitment of resources.
- Ensure airside users participate in airside operation and awareness training on a recurrent basis
- Initiate and assist in the investigation of breaches of airside operation procedures
- Troubleshooting operational, safety and security problems/concerns and taking preventative action.
- Conduct regular inspections of aerodrome to ensure facility meets ICAO standards & recommended practices and JCAA regulations.
The incumbent is required to demonstrate the following competencies: customer orientation, business focus, computer literacy, cost consciousness, airport safety and security awareness, self-management, results oriented, conflict management and environmental awareness. The following management competencies/skills are also required at this level: knowledge of airport management and operations, knowledge of airport services and facilitation, knowledge of emergency management, interpersonal skills, report writing, time management skills and problem-solving skills.
Qualifications and Experience
The incumbent should ideally have at least five (5) years’ practical experience spanning: all aspects of airport operations, general management, human relations, and communications. The experience should preferably come from a combination of industries such as: international transport, airport, engineering and commercial services.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Airport Operations/Operations Management or an equivalent
- Supervisory Management Training
- Training in aviation security, airport safety and operations.
- Training in airport services and facilitation
- Training in hazard identification and risk assessment
- Training in aircraft handling
- Working knowledge of ICAO Annexes 9 & 14
All Applications accompanied with Resumés should be submitted no later than Wednesday November 18, 2020 to:
Human Resource Manager
Airports Authority of Jamaica
Norman Manley International Airport
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Previous Applicants Need Not Apply.