This position is responsible to for managing the Air Conditioning, Mechanical, and Mobile Assets, to provide leadership, research, planning & design of mechanical systems, equipment and components, implementation/installation, and maintenance services required for aerodromes operated and or owned by the AAJ/NMIAL to meet current and future needs.
The Manager – Building Services & Mobile Assets will:
- Ensure the proper maintenance of all critical and support mechanical systems in a safe and effective, efficient manner as per manufacturer’s standards, local and international requirements.
- Ensure the proper maintenance of all critical and support mobile equipment including ARFF in a safe and effective, efficient manner as per manufacturer’s standards, local and international requirements
- Liaise with overseas suppliers for the procurement of specialized equipment. Coordinate shipping and delivery to ensure best value for money and minimal damage to equipment.
- Provide oversight on concessionaire installations
- Provide real-time notification of deficiencies in critical systems to maintenance staff to ensure rapid response to developing situations.
- Prepare component, equipment and system specification and scope of works for mechanical systems.
- Review of detailed designs, shop drawings/vendor drawings for electrical/mechanical systems and provide implementation oversight on projects.
- Perform ongoing critical analysis of existing and mechanical systems and maintenance practices/methodologies and implement changes to optimize process and system performance.
As a member of the Engineering, Projects and Maintenance management team the incumbent is required to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Basic Proficiency in engineering design software such as Autodesk AutoCAD and ESRI ARCGIS.
- Knowledge of Programmable Logic Controller and HMI (Human Machine Interface) software systems.
- Knowledge of Industrial Automation and Building Management Systems
- Knowledge of applicable JS21, ASHRAE and other relevant engineering standards
The incumbent should ideally come from the building construction, engineering or maintenance sectors and must have at least seven (7) years of experience spanning engineering consultancy and or construction of buildings services & systems, project management and interpretation of engineering drawings and documents and engineering schedules. Relevant experience in these aspects in airports would be a distinct advantage; Experience/certification in working in low voltage electrical installation up to 440 volts; Working knowledge of motor vehicles and other mechanical machines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Building Services Engineering or equivalent formal engineering qualification
- Vocational training or certification relevant to buildings, plants, factories or other such installations
- Training in Supervisory Management and Project Management
All Applications accompanied with Resumés should be submitted no later than Wednesday November 18, 2020 to:
Human Resource Manager
Airports Authority of Jamaica
Norman Manley International Airport
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.