The HR Assistant is responsible for assisting with HR administration on a day-to-day basis, coordinating the staff welfare and benefits programmes and activities, record keeping and tracking vacation, sick and departmental leave. The incumbent is also the primary administrator responsible for the update and maintenance of HR Management and Time & Attendance Systems.
The Human Resources Assistant will:
- Safe-keeping and preservation of confidentiality of employee personal information.
- Updating of compensation and benefits database, in addition to other HR related databases.
- Coordinating the HR & Corporate Governance Sub-Committee meetings.
- Maintenance of HR Management Systems.
- Preparing and disseminating information to various entities on behalf of employees.
- Responding appropriately to employees’ queries.
- Coordinating general staff welfare activities.
- Assisting with arrangements for out-of- town training for employees.
- Coordinating staff meetings for AAJ Headquarters and remote aerodromes
- Reviews correspondence and prepares draft responses.
- Maintains liaison as well as carries out administrative functions of the Senior Director’s office
As a member of the Human Resource team, the incumbent is required to demonstrate the following core competencies: customer orientation, computer literacy, results orientated, conflict management, honesty/integrity, confidentiality, excellent written and oral communication skills. The following competencies/skills are also required: knowledge of human resource principles and practices, teamwork and collaboration, relationship building, and coordinating and organizing skills.
Qualifications and Experience
Three (3) years’ experience in office administration with experience in HR, preferably in the areas of recruitment, training and staff welfare in a similar work environment.
This position requires:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, or the equivalent
- Training in Microsoft Office
- Customer Service Training
All Applications accompanied with Resumés should be submitted no later than Wednesday November 18, 2020 to:
Human Resource Manager
Airports Authority of Jamaica
Norman Manley International Airport
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.