This position has responsibility for the development and marketing of the commercial and aeronautical services and activities at IFIA and the domestic aerodromes. The incumbent is charged with positioning IFIA and the aerodromes to maximize their competitive advantage by utilizing strategic locations for diversifying the commercial activities thereby maximizing revenue and quality service to passengers, patrons and visitors. The incumbent is also responsible for establishing and maintaining rates and charges that are competitive and in-keeping with the revenue targets of the Aerodrome Operations and Commercial Development division.
The Commercial Manager is responsible for:
- Increasing aeronautical and non-aeronautical revenues at IFIA and the domestic aerodromes;
- Managing retail concession /space license agreements which includes monitoring and contract administration, ensuring that all contracts are kept current;
- Monitoring and executing concession and non-aeronautical revenue project implementation;
- Maintaining statistical information on the aeronautical and commercial activities;
- Reviewing aeronautical and non-aeronautical rates;
- Allocating space and administration for IFIA and aerodromes;
- Commercializes space at the airport to achieve a high level of quality service and products, and to maximize earnings.
- The development and promotion of commercial and aeronautical activities at the airport so as to maximize revenue and optimize the use of the commercial space.
- Ensuring that all concession agreements and contracts are kept current and that there is compliance with the terms and conditions therein.
- The development and maintenance of a strong and harmonious working relationship with all stakeholders at the airport.
- The management of the process of accessing and reporting statistical information on aeronautical activities.
Candidates will have the stature and authority to influence at all levels. They will demonstrate conceptual and analytical skills to understand the big picture, assimilate information from a variety of sources, and translate this into practical and prioritized action and planning. The following competencies are also required: knowledge of marketing principles, research and data interpretation, influencing skills, report writing, time management skills, problem-solving skills, communication skills, introduction to aviation industry/airport operations/management, project management and networking ability.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Management/Administration or equivalent qualification
- Specialized training in Planning and Statistical Analysis
- Training in Microsoft Office Suite
- Training in airport services and facilitation
All Applications accompanied with Resumés should be submitted no later than Wednesday November 18, 2020 to:
Human Resource Manager
Airports Authority of Jamaica
Norman Manley International Airport
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.