The incumbent is responsible for maintaining and updating the Internal Audit Unit’s (IAU) computerized filing database, conducting research, providing significant help and support to the Internal Audit Unit. He/she is also responsible for preparing audit work papers in accordance with existing internal audit professional standards and requirements.
The Audit Assistant will:
- Prepare audit work papers in accordance with existing internal audit professional standards and requirements.
- Check and inspect the accuracy of documents and transactions.
- Audit reports and files are maintained with confidentiality.
- Assist with the development of the annual audit plan identifying potential areas for audit, covering a diverse range – financial, performance, compliance, operational, IT, contract and other reviews of varying levels of complexity.
- Assist with the preparation of audit reports and the annual audit plan.
- Support the Internal Auditor in the verification of the implementation of external auditors’ recommendations.
- Ensures that audit files completed are maintained with confidentiality.
- Ensures that new technology changes conform to audit requirements.
- Reviews contract and other procurement instruments and practices.
The incumbent is required to demonstrate the following competencies: customer oriented, computer literacy, conflict management, knowledge of generally accepted accounting and auditing standards, communication and interpersonal skills, presentation and report writing skills, and problem-solving skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- Sound knowledge of the FAA Act
- Sound knowledge of Accounting policies and procedures
- ACCA Level 2
- BSc. Accounting or Diploma in Accounts/Finance/Business Administration
- 3 years or more practical experience in accounting or related field
All Applications accompanied with Resumés should be submitted no later than Wednesday November 18, 2020 to:
Human Resource Manager
Airports Authority of Jamaica
Norman Manley International Airport
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.