The incumbent is responsible for providing administrative support to the President’s Office; which involves managing the diary and schedule of the President including: coordinating and planning meetings/appointments, drafting and preparation of documents for dispatch to the Boards of Directors and Sub-Committee members; receiving and responding to correspondences.
The Administrative Assistant will:
- Preparing material and logistics for Board and Executive management.
- Monitoring progress on important corporate decisions and assessing potential problems or setbacks.
- Preparing and distributing minutes and reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Reviewing various reports and briefs for the president.
- Prepare recommended responses to various non-technical issues
- Coordinates and successfully facilitates the conduct of Executive Management, Board and Committee Meetings.
- Correspondences requiring the President’s attentions are brought to his attention and responses provided accordingly.
The incumbent is required to demonstrate the following core competencies: project management, customer orientation, business focused, computer literacy, results oriented, conflict management.
The following competencies/skills are also required at this level:
- Knowledge of public relations practices
- Knowledge of corporate procedures and business protocol
- Time management
- Skills in research method
- Interpersonal skill
- Organizing/coordinating skills
- Networking ability
Qualifications and Experience
At least five (5) years related experience in a project management, commercial or industrial environment.
This position requires:
- BSc Degree in Business Administration of equivalent from a recognized tertiary institution
- Certified Administrative Professional or Professional Secretary Designation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Customer Service Training
All Applications accompanied with Resumés should be submitted no later than Wednesday November 18, 2020 to:
Human Resource Manager
Airports Authority of Jamaica
Norman Manley International Airport
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.