This position provides secretarial and administrative support for the smooth operation of the office of the Vice President of Corporate Services; Ensures the smooth flow of information from the VP Office to the President and other managers within the organization. The incumbent also ensures the integrity of all correspondence; monitors the appointments of the VP and the obligations of the VP’s direct reports; prepares reports for Boards and Board Sub-Committee; prepares minutes for Board sub-committees; and provides administrative support for Executive Payroll.
The Administrative Assistant will:
- Coordinating meetings and preparing minutes for same.
- Ensuring that follow-up actions are taken from meetings.
- Preparing Board reports and other documents as required.
- Managing the VP- Corporate Services calendar to effectively schedule internal and external appointments and meetings.
- Monitors the timeliness and completeness of satisfying obligations to external parties and obligations to the VP Office.
- Preparing documents for external and internal distribution
- Develop presentations in collaboration with the VP Corporate Services and other departmental colleagues.
- Assist with the preparation and management of contracts.
- Follow up on the status of outstanding documents.
As a member of the Corporate Services Team, the incumbent is required to demonstrate the following core competencies: computer literacy, results oriented, conflict management, writing and communication skills, interpersonal skills, time management skills, organizing/coordinating skills, customer oriented.
Qualifications and Experience
At least five (5) years related experience in a project management, commercial or industrial environment;
- BSc Degree in Business Administration of equivalent from a recognized tertiary institution;
- Certified Administrative Professional or Professional Secretary Designation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Customer Service Training
All Applications accompanied with Resumés should be submitted no later than Wednesday November 18, 2020 to:
Human Resource Manager
Airports Authority of Jamaica
Norman Manley International Airport
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.