This position is required to prepare invoices for customers of the Airports Authority of Jamaica (AAJ), bank reconciliations and audit schedules, and monitor receivables to ensure compliance with credit terms.
The Accounting Clerk, Receivables will:
- Receiving and preparing for disbursement various documentation such as suppliers invoices, contractor payment vouchers, cash purchase requisitions/invoices, travelling vouchers, etc.;
- Preparing all withholding tax certificates;
- Generating receipts for all customer payments;
- Preparing audit schedules for annual audit;
- Performing relief backstop duties for the Unit as required
- Completing the main bank account reconciliation by the 3rd Wednesday of each month for the previous month
- Reconciling cash collections with activity reports from points of sale across the organization.
- Maintaining a detailed aeronautical activity and revenue variances report
- Analysis of revenues
The following competencies are required at this level: knowledge of accounting principles and practices, knowledge of computer applications particularly spreadsheets and ACCPAC.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, majoring in Accounting or its equivalent.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ Accounting experience, two (2) of which should be in Accounts Receivables.
- Working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFR’s) and the General Consumption Tax (GCT)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and an ERM software.
All Applications accompanied with Resumés should be submitted no later than Wednesday November 18, 2020 to:
Human Resource Manager
Airports Authority of Jamaica
Norman Manley International Airport
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.