This position is required to process supplier invoices and contractor payments relating the Airports Authority of Jamaica (AAJ), updating CWIP transactions reports and analyzing AAJ accounts payable general ledger accounts. Prepare bank reconciliations, Journal entries, audit schedules and cheque preparations. The incumbent is most effective when there is accountability for the organizations resources and all records are correctly updated.
The Accounting Clerk, Payables will:
- Receive and process cash purchase invoice/requisitions.
- Verify and process all traveling vouchers for disbursements.
- Verify and process health, dental, and pension contributions for disbursements.
- Prepare and update CWIP schedules for all projects.
- File all disbursement related documents: accounts payable and general disbursements.
- During peak periods and as the work flow permits, to provide assistance in other functional areas of the department to ensure equitable distribution of work.
- Report to the Payroll Accounting Officer on problems that arise.
- Prepare purchase orders and other procurement documents.
- Prepare Bank reconciliations and book all outstanding entries.
- Prepare required statements for Government Ministries.
The following competencies are required at this level: knowledge of accounting principles and practices, knowledge of computer applications particularly spreadsheets and ACCPAC.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, majoring in Accounting or its equivalent.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ Accounting experience, two (2) of which should be in Accounts Payables.
- Working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFR’s) and the General Consumption Tax (GCT)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and an ERM software.
All Applications accompanied with Resumés should be submitted no later than Wednesday November 18, 2020 to:
Human Resource Manager
Airports Authority of Jamaica
Norman Manley International Airport
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.